Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas

The Christmas Eve service was as wonderful as anticipated-- I have never had more respect for our pastor as he managed to deliver a powerful message in the midst of pretty much non-stop child-wailing. I honestly think somebody or other's baby was crying all night. But it was still lovely. Afterwords we came home andddddddddd...
Made Christmas cookies! My wonderful Mother made me that apron- it was my 'open on Christmas Eve' gift.
Sisters.

Festive yumminess.
Daddy makin' breakfast, which was delicious!

Joseph and Michael looking at Mez's new coloring book.

Julia inherited LG's bike for Christmas, she was SO excited.
Five Stockings. (which had already been emptied by the time I took the picture).

I got this awesome candle lantern... and felt fierce in the morning snow with it... mwahaha.

As well as a sewing machine! I have been blessed this year by several women endeavoring to teach me how to sew (let me tell you, not an easy undertaking, precision is not really my thing), in particular the girl who I wrote about a couple posts ago. I am so excited to have my own machine! So far I've made a headband and a book mark...okay, don't jude, I'm learning!

Michael LOVES dinosaurs. And he LOVES coloring. This book made his Christmas.

Awkward angle- but on Christmas day the snow flakes that fell were so amazing. They weren't just normal balls of fluff-- I mean, we don't get much snow, but I've only seen it like this once or twice ever, every little flake was so intricate and deltailed. The perfect little crystals were orderly and unique, and tiiiiny! It was a beautiful reminder of the craftsmanship and love of the our Creator and definitely one of my favorite gifts of the day. It was also the first white Christmas I have ever seen!

Lela Grace age 11.

Cheesy smile.

You can kind of see the detail of the snowflakes more here. Seriously, it was breathtaking. (I am a teensy proud of this picture, I am NOT a photographer, but I like the way it turned out. 'Course, I had a pretty awesome subject to capture:)
Merry Christmas! Have a blessed Epiphany Season as Christmas draws to a close on the sixth.
"For God so loved the COSMOS that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
~John 3:16~

2 comments:

  1. Its sad. Maybe one year I'll come visit you and have my second white christmas. 'course by the time I got around to it we may both be living in africa.... probably not a white christmas there, but wouldn't that be fun?!

    ReplyDelete