Friday, January 21, 2011

First Sunday in the New Church Building

We had our first sunday in the new church building a couple of weeks ago. I blogged about our church's mission and the vision of church planting a little while ago, if you missed it. Last Sunday was in many ways wonderful and in many ways very hard. All of the children who I babysit are staying at the other church location as well as several of my mentors. But the Kingdom is coming. Mourning will not endure. Feasting and worship absolutely will. This is just part of the work we are called to do. Since when is mission work easy?


Directing traffic. One of our deacons wears a kilt on Sundays. Isn't that just the most fantastic thing you ever saw? He never fails to make my morning. :)

Lela Grace (in the cloak) helping out in Michael and Julia's class. As you can see, most of the kids stayed in the other location.

Singin'.

Dad, Michael, and Julia walking in.

Communion.

Bulletin.
I wish I could say I was responsible for documenting all of this, but actually I stole the photos from my pastor's facebook. :)

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment