Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Throne

Do you ever think about praying? Like what praying really is?

This is what I mean. A couple of days ago I wrote a fan letter to a band. (I know, I know, I'm a dork. My family scoffed. Feel free to do the same.) But really, they have genuine talent and craftsmanship, I love their sound, I appreciate that their lyrics aren't crude or explicit, I like it when they cover a song that was crass or (in my opinion) just hideous. They aren't a Christian band, but they started small, and they have a big emphasis on family. .....and I may or may not be a teesy bit in love with the lead singer. I'll leave that to your discretion.

But this morning, when I work up, I started praying. There are a couple of people that I try to pray for everyday (more on that another time). I was just lifting them up and talking to God about my day when this idea hit me. I was currently standing in a castle. A palace. The palace. And not just anywhere, I was literally standing before the golden throne of the Father Himself. I don't mean this just figuratively either. I truly believe that in a very real sense I was there. And we are all there every time we pray.

Suddenly an obession with a band is a little lame, right? Compared to conversing with the Lord who loves me?

Thats what I thought to.





Just if you're curious here is a song they did. He wrote it for his wife whenever he meets her- so sweet. And I love acoustic.

2 comments: