Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas CD

If you are looking for new Christmas music or a fabulous gift for a friend or family member, LOOK NO FURTHER!

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I sound like a cheesy add.

But for real, Nathan Clark George's new Christmas Cd 'Still' is currently my favorite cd! My parent's got it at a church leadership meeting a few nights ago (Mr. George and his family recently moved here and have begun attending our church) and I have listened to the whole thing probably 30 times. I am not exaggerating. I took it to the home of the family I was babysitting for because I couldn't be parted from it for whole day. :)

(Isn't he just basically edible?! Sorry, I just couldn't resist inserting some cuteness into you day. I get to play with him all day tomorrow too! So excited.)


(We had fun)


Back to the CD: There are some original compositions, some traditional carols, and some very obscure carols which used to be more a part of the church repertoire. It is seriously lovely, and grounded in the Word. Breathtaking. You can hear some samples on his website. My personal favorite of the cd isn't actually on there, but I'll give you a lyric sample:

Tomorrow shall be my dancing day; I would my true love did so chance
To see the legend of my play, to call my true love to my dance.
Then I was born of a virgin sure, of her I took on fleshly substance
Thus I was knit to man's nature to call my true love to my dance.

Chorus: Sing oh! my love, oh! my love, my love
This have I done for my true love.


In manger laid and wrapped was I so very poor this was my chance
betwixt and ox and sillly poor ass to call my true love to my dance
For thirty peices Judas me sold, his coventous far to advance:
Mark whom I kiss the same do hold! The same as he shall lead the dance
(note, the same like Judas--in sin, not Judas himself, I think thats what it means)

Chorus

Then on the cross hanged I was, where there a spear my side did glance
there issued forth both water and blood, the Judged me died to lead the dance.
Then down to hell I took my way, for my true love's deliverance
and rose again upon the third day, up to my true love and the dance.

Chorus

Then up to heaven I did ascend, where now I dwell in sure substance,
on the right hand of my Father, that man may come unto the feast and dance.
May come unto the feast and dance.
May come unto the feast and dance.

Sing oh! my love, oh! my love, my love, my love
This have I done for my true love.

Yeah, I kind of melted. Anyway, there you go!

Ps. See that tiny dot under the picture of 'Still'? Well, when I was uploading the pictures I accidently uploaded something wrong but I could NOT make it go away. I accidently delete pictures while writing a post, but I couldn't delete this one for the life of me. So I just made it very very tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment