Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What I've been doing of late...

A very newsie post with losts of out of order pictures. Oh well, better than nothing:)

We actually got snow before Christmas this year! Usually we don't see much of any until January or February, but on Sunday when we came out of the Lessons and Carols service it was coming down and we got about 3 inches! So fun, two of my friends got snowed in (it was pretty icy) and the next day we made this work of art (after I got home from where I had been snowed in). At the time it was a good idea. In retrospect I feel like we are probably scaring neighborhood children.... I blame Calvin and Hobbes.

Julia being a little beauty in the snow. Sorry I can't figure out how to turn the picture!

About a month ago we produced Thorton Wilder's Our Town at school, I played Emily and it was SOOOO much fun.


A couple weeks ago my friend who works with the B*ntu people invited me over to eat lunch with one of the B*ntu families. It was incredible and I really loved getting to know this sweet family better. I met the girl in pink, F*, at two summers ago and I really really love her, so is so amazing. I've met 3 of her brothers, and it was so fun to meet her gorgeous little sister A* (in the red) and her mother and sister in law and precious little nephew! Ministry to the muslim community was never something I went looking for or saw myself being apart of. Just another example of how much bigger God's plans are than ours! My experiences with them have enriched my life so much and I can't wait to continue seeing the way God works on their behalf.



On Sunday night I went over to babysit a precious baby girl who I love so much and got snowed in! It was so fun! We made cookies and just had a generally festive time with the snow falling all around. I am so blessed by this family. Raechel has become my mentor and friend, she is so amazing and has (along with a couple other adorable mommies I know, including my own) sparked a love of motherhood in homemaking in me. If you all aren't already in relationship with women older than you in your church--- DO IT, because it is the biggest blessing ever.

Weeeeell, that is all I got for now. My friend Lizzie got home safely at 11:00 the other night and I got to be at the airport to see the team come in! So fun! She brought me back a scarf from Istanbul that I am basically in love with....

Merry Christmas to all, treasure your blessings this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment