Monday, May 30, 2011

Fundraiser for my darling

Everybody remember my little love, Heidi?



I dressed up her picture. :) Did anyone else notice that her hair is frenchbraided? I'm happy that at what ever point this picture was taken there was somebody who loved her enough to fix her gorgeous silky hair. And I am an absolute sucker for plaiting in every form.



Several months ago I was praying/brainstorming for a fundraising idea for Heidi, as I've been pretty inactive about raising money for her. I decided on making necklaces, and calling it Hearts of Heidi. Heidi has a minor heart defect which I don't think is causing her any huge problems now, but still a heart defect is a heart defect. I just want her home and healthy.


I'm making them out of things I have at home: handbraided silver string, nail polish, and scrabble letters, so there isn't any over head. They're 5$ and every bit goes towards Heidi's grant to help with her adoption expenses if/when a family commits to her.


The hearts remind me to pray for Heidi's physical health and her spiritual health. I am hoping to have a specific verse to pray over her soon too.


Contact me at ama2@bellsouth.net if you're interested in a Hearts for Heidi necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment