Sunday, February 21, 2010

We have no idea...

...the way that God is going to use and bridge relationships in our lives.

Uganda:





was pretty much amazing.

But one of the most amazing things about it I didn't expect in the least. During our week there we visited a little baby cottage called Amani. I had the great priviledge of meeting a sweet little girl there named Josephine. My friend Elle told me that little Josie Love, as she was to be called, was being adopted by another family that lives right in our town! Josie's adoption story is amazing, and I followed her family's blog during the process because I couldn't believe how awesome it was that even though I had never met the family, (and still haven't) God had introduced me to Josie Love half way around the world! Anyway, Josie's big sister, Grace, just wrote an amazing guest post on her mom's blog about what life has been like for her family since Josie has been home. I encourage everyone to go read it at: http://joiningthejourney.blogspot.com/ , and remember that God's plan is so infinetly much bigger and more beautiful than the little peice that we can fit inside our brains.

2 comments:

  1. Soooo, I know this is an old post but you should email me some time so we can chat about Amani (That was the baby cottege right?). I want to hear EVERYTHING about it that you know because there is a small chance that someone I know will be visiting there. hehe. Oh and that is just SO awesome that you met Josie Love!! Ahhh, I love how God works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Audrey. I am a blogger friend of sweet Raechel and popping over to say hi. :) Our dear friends here in CO adopted their daughter, Jadyn, from the Amani Baby Cottage nearly 4 years ago. While they were there waiting to take their daughter home, an organization called Light Gives Heat was born. LGH buys rolled paper bead necklaces from a group of woman, providing them and their families with a consistent income. I sent Miss Rae a Suubi necklace when Hazel was born. Anyways, I saw that you are passionate about Uganda and wanted to pass along LGH's info because I believe in what they are doing. You can check them out here: http://www.lightgivesheat.org or see the trailer for thier first feature film (which includes Jadyn's story) here: http://movingonmovie.com/. The movie is just about done--it's super exciting.

    Sorry for the longest comment EVER. :) Congrats on your new digs at the Myers (so cool!) and blessings as you begin this next chapter in your story.

    Take care,
    Mis

    ReplyDelete