Sunday, February 28, 2010

Love's Lullaby

Lately, I've been fighting back sighs every time I exhale on behalf of the beautiful children on Reece's Rainbow. I'm aching for them, for how much I want to be able to call them my brothers and sisters or one day my children, or watch them thrive adopted by parents in my own home town. How do you deal with such devastating pain (and their pain is so infinitely much greater than any I might feel on their behalf), yet still walk in the joy of the Lord?

I’m singing you a lullaby

That you will never hear

A bleeding love, a longing groan,

Are whispered in your ear


A sighing pain in you and I,

From distant, foreign lands

Are all that’s left from our souls’ cry

“Jesus, move Your hand”


Yet while we sorrow, still we serve

In ways we cannot see

God makes noble what was base

And Sings a comedy


The Voice that made the stars to dance

And brought the sun to life

Can I hear singing over you

all this dark, moonless night


His perfect love relieves your shame

And casts out all your fear

He’s singing you Love’s lullaby,

He makes your ears to hear


Dedicated to: Avery, Mara, Sofia, Maggie, Evan, Martin and so many many others.

It is foolishness to think that perhaps our compassion is superior to the compassion of the One who created it. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful. Great is His love and compassion- beyond understanding. And great is His plan for these children. Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete