Tuesday, January 26, 2010

.....Tuesday???

So, I wanted to start doing Mission Photo Monday from
http://iamone143million.blogspot.com/, but its already Tuesday. I missed it. Darn.



Can I get away with doing Mission Photo Tuesday this week , and try for next Monday???


I realized that I haven't really posted much at all about my first mission trip to Africa. When I was 11 years old my mom and I travelled with some people from my church to South Africa and Kenya for two weeks on a mission trip with African Leadership: http://www.africanleadership.org/.

That trip totally changed my world and God used it to inspire my love for orphans as well as the African people.

This is me and my friend Patience who lives in South Africa. She is the same age as me. She is the exact same height as me. She has a family. She is a fabulous artist. She is a Christian. I love her very much. And I have never seen or heard from her again since we spent a few hours together that day.

Patience is the very first person ever who taught me the difference between a project and a relationship. Between a statistic and a person. Between thinking that mission trips are all about me coming in to save the day and me knowing that mission trips often involve me being blessed by the Lord and His people far more than I could ever bless them.

Patience was the first person to teach me that.

I can't wait to see her in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Your the first one to even do a mission photo Monday so we will let you get away with doing it on Tuesday..this time ;)

    I love this post! Its great and you are SO cute! I'm so glad that you were able to go and that you met Patience!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete