Friday, January 22, 2010

Perspecitve

Lately, my perspective has changed. A lot of that is due to this amazing family: http://the30dayjourneyforhope.blogspot.com who have two children with down syndrome and one of them is adopted and they are in the process of adopting another child with down syndrome. Also, I have learned a ton from this sweet little guy:



I have loved children and had a passion for orphans for as long as I can remember. However, for my whole life until just a few months ago I had consciously turned my back on the plight of special needs orphans. I didn't want to think that much. I didn't want to feel that pain. I made the excuse that that wasn't my calling--- that wasn't my problem. And there was nothing I could do anyway. I didn't want the work that love takes.


But my merciful Savior has a plan for my life and a plan for my heart. When my love fails, His love is unfailing. He brought the Hollis family to my attention through the blog world and then gave me the opportunity to meet them in person. He brought this precious kid into my church family and caused me to fall in love with him on the day that he was born--- months before I ever met him. My life has been radically changed and blessed. Perfect love casts out fear.


So, my challenge to you would be: if you have, like me, struggled to allow God to bless you through care for special needs orphans (or just special needs people in general), take 3 minutes whether it be at church or school or in your neighborhood to talk to/play with a special needs person in your life that perhaps you have awkwardly avoided before. If you do have a love for special needs orphans, visit http://reecesrainbow.com and donate towards an orphan's adoption fund and pray specifically for the waiting children on that list. Finally, Praise God for His beauty that He gloriously displays in the people that He creates.

1 comment:

  1. Same here! Just recently my eyes have been opened to sn orphans..and people. I didnt really think about it before. I love how Reece's Rainbow opens people eyes. Its almost impossible to go on their site and not fall in love with the children. Have you looked at their prayer warrior program?

    ReplyDelete