Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Beauty

The other day, my mom and my dad made stairs. They lead down to the basement where I live. Since we moved in a couple years ago, it has been a long, steep, absolutely hideous staircase. But when my parents decide that they were going to fix it, just "a little better" wasn't good enough for them. I've been taught that the more beautiful that we can make the most ordinary of things, the more we are showing forth the beauty and the glory of the Lord. My parents believe it. They don't even just believe it, they act on it.


Aren't they pretty? Crafted and designed entirely by hand. This picture doesn't really do it justice. Every time I open the door to go downstairs my heart jumps a little.

In our world of fast, easy, momentary practicality and machines, how often do we stop and praise God for the beauty around us? How often do we praise Him for calling us to be sub-creators?




How often do we acknowledge the overwhelming beauty of what He has made? And praise Him?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the input on I Am One. I love Compassion. My sponsored child is through them and I correspond with a couple to.

    ReplyDelete