Monday, March 22, 2010

The Music of the Cosmos



I turned off the radio
and heard to my surprise,
a beautifully strange silence,
alone, along my drive

Music that I recognized
from the road and the tires
and the wind rolling past me
gently, along my drive

Melodies of early Spring,
young sprouts, just arrived,
notes made by the budding trees
played, along my drive

The sprinkling, sparkling rain drops
And the sunshine in my eyes,
wove a lovely harmony
and sung, along my drive

The tune of child-like laughter,
and friendships weaving rhyme,
breath and life and growing things
took voice, along my drive.

And listening even closer
I heard the voices cry,
A great cloud of witnesses
praising, along my drive

With joy I finally realized,
as houses passed me by,
the Music of the Cosmos
was there, along my drive

5 comments:

  1. wow! is this a song? or did you actually write this?! its really good!! :) love the picture too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I wrote it. thanks! :) Hey, did you get my mega comment? Sorry, I should have emailed that to you, but I don't have you email address--- mine is ama2@bellsouth.net. thank you again for your sweet letter, it blessed me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! thats cool! your welcome! :) it was GREAT to see your smiling face today at school! i was so tired and didn't want to go to the interview....again...but seeing you and lizzie made my day!! :) thnx for your email! mine is:
    usingmygifts612@aol.com EMAIL ME!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...oh yeah! and YES! i did get your lovely super long comment!! i loved it! thnx! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aud, this is so beautiful. No joke, I read it again and again. I'm so glad you liked the flower. :)

    ReplyDelete