Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Overcoming

"I have said these things to you that you, that in Me you may have peace.
In the world, you will have tribulation.
But take heart;
I have overcome the world."
~John 16:33~
I would like you introduce you to the Gould family. The Gould's have five children, Molly, Max, Tanner, Tate, and Ian--- who you may remember as Sho. Now that this family has blog, I think I can call their children by their actual names. :)

Molly and I at B* camp last summer.
The Gould's have decided to open their home to one, possibly two, little girls from Ethiopia. My family and I are absolutely ecstatic to get to walk this journey with them as the third Ethiopian adoption family in our church (actually, one more family who I don't know very well is starting the process as well, hopefully we'll have four families with ET babies soon!) We have already started busily preparing an fundraiser! I can't wait.
Anyway, hop on over to the Gould's blog and read how the Lord is overcoming the world through them. I am so amazed by this family. They have such a beautiful faith. They have FIVE young children already, the youngest of whom with special needs. Does this sound crazy to you? It is crazy. It is so so so crazy. When Christ said that HE had overcome the world--- He wasn't kidding! Despite distance, despite finances, despite already full-to-the-bursting homes, Jesus is overcoming the world one family at a time.
All I can do is thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment