Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hope chest

I have to do a forty hour project for school. It can be pretty much anything under the sun as long as it takes forty hours and is hands-on.


I've decided to make a quilt.


I'm not really telling this to most people (so they won't think I'm a crazy creeper person), but I secretely want to make this quilt and then put it away in my hope chest and not look at it until I'm taking it out to put on my daughter's bed.


Anway, that is why I've chosen the fabrics that I have. They're simple and girlish and won't go out of style. In 10 years it won't be a totally weird to have a quilt like this in my house somewhere. So I stuck with small and floral even though there were some ADORABLE modern combinations with polka dots and paisley and big bright flowers. If I was having a kid right now I would have used those. But I'm not.

I'll tell you how it turns out!

ps. I've never made a quilt before. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!

    I'm in the middle of a quilt now too! I think you will really enjoy making it. Go slowly and don't be discouraged when you have to rip seams! It's all part of the project! :)
    post a pic when you're done! It's going to look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete