Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fellow heirs with Christ

I felt the full force (well, I guess it probably isn't the full force) of that blessing today. Nothing really extraordinary or bizarre in the way that we usually think about things, just a beautiful day. Beautiful worship. Beautiful weather. Beautiful picnic. Beautiful friends and family. Beautiful opportunity. Beautiful hope. I hope you enjoyed your Sabbath celebration as dearly as I did. To add to the list of beautiful things in my day, I got this beautiful t-shirt! (I feel stupid for not being able to flip the pictures. I even googled it. Don't judge me. :) The front is an orange-yellow Africa with a white heart of Ethiopia and it says "one less orphan." The back says "I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you. Jn. 14-18"
These shirts support the Elliot family's adoption from ET. I am just beginning to know them but they are so sweet and I can't wait to get better acquainted and get this baby (babies?) home!! Anyway, if you want a cute shirt, here ya go! Check out their blog for the details. Its basically super comfy and breezy and cute. You want one. :)


I also really appreciate the delicate balance of speaking out boldly on behalf of the orphan and not being abrasive or unapproachable with a really in-your-face message, which I feel like the Elliots did very well.


"The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children with God, and if children, then heirs--- heir of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided that we suffer with Him in order that we may also be glorified with Him."

~Roman 8:16-17~


So much mystery in this passage. Seriously, the Spirit bears witness with our spirit? What does that even mean? We can't conceive what that looks like spiritually. Suffering with Christ. Glorified with Christ. Images we can't even imagine were captured for me today in a pancake breakfast. In a worship service. In a child's giggle. In a picnic. In an adoption journey. The mystery is in the ordinary. It really is amazing.


Happy, happy Sunday. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Audrey! You are awesome :) We will have to make sure to talk next Sunday at Sodium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Audrey-- I love your beautiful heart!! Your light shines so brightly-- your blog is blessing me!! :)

    ReplyDelete