Friday, April 29, 2011

Advocating!

My lovely friend from school, Megan is preparing to leave for a mission trip to China. She didn't know that she was going until very recently and her trip is coming up soon! One of those situations where God throws something unexpected in your lap, but she has handled it so well and I am so happy for her!

Soooooo, if you live in the area, she is having a movie night tonight! Come on out!

If you don't live in the area, she is also making these adorable headbands! Um, cute! I LOVE headbands, but always feel awful about buying them because the cute ones are usually so expensive and it just doesn't make sense to spend money that way, but now! Boom! We have a brilliant opportunity for missions and cute headbands!

In other news, I had my oral defense Wednesday. It went really well, I am so proud of all of my classmates and I'm delighted that its over! God gave me the opportunity to speak vehemently about the importance of adoption and even during the questioning to share about what we can personally do. I was so exited, I got to slip a little spiel in there about special needs orphans. Hurrah! That was just for you, Avery, Heidi, Sergei, Alex, Melissa, Shaun, and so, so many others. I love you cute kids. Hold on.


Julia and I right before it started

No comments:

Post a Comment