Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hey Folks

So, I know its been fifty years since I've posted anything real. I really am sorry. Its been a lot of working and a lot of family-ing this summer, as well as a lot of spiritual stuff to wrestle through. I'm still working on that. Lord have mercy.

Anyhow, I have missed you guys! The "Eight" family is still living in our basement, it will be two months in a couple of days. Its still going well, but I really want them to have a more permanent place for their sakes.

I'm still really wishing for another brother or sister of course, but I really think that the next person to adopt in this family will be me (and hopefully my elusive husband :).

Some dear friends of ours recently (like, last week) came home from Ethiopia with their sweet, one year old boys, Moses and Augustine. We love their family so much and fellowship with them at church and at school. I'm so glad to finally have these boys who we have been praying for for 2 years home! They're pretty much adorable, and Moses is from the same village as Michael and Julia! Hey, maybe they're cousins. :)

Our school starts off with a week of camp which is totally run by the senior class each year. I've so enjoyed being part of the planning for that and knowing all the secrets and preparing all the surprises! I head up with my classmates to King's Mountain Camp this coming Monday and my brother and sister and the rest of the school with ride up in buses the next day. School officially starts for the 3 of us the following week with Michael and Julia doing pre-k at home.

Well, there you are for a very newsie, pictureless post. Sorry, I know those are the most boring kind. I'll try to do something fantastically interesting in the coming days just for your sake. :)

ps! another reason I haven't been posting is because someone has been posting ridiculous comments, but I finally figured out the way (I'm not so tech savvy) to moderate comments. Sorry for all you real people out their, some wacky person with a really long Chinese name is making everyone suffer.

4 comments:

  1. OH yeah the same thing is happing on my blog comments too! Do you know if there is a way to block that person, or if you just have to reject the comments every-time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just rejecting the comments everytime, thats the best I've come up with. Especially 'cause I think its several people, or one person using different names. Either way, they are really taking a lot of the fun out of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I noticed that Audrey and was so confused about what was happening with your comments! I don't remember how to do it but I think I blocked someone from following my blog once....I think.

    Keep praying, maybe God has another sibling out there for you!

    P.S.
    I did a happy dance when I saw you updated your blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously did miss you guys.:) We should go on a blog friend mission trip together so we meet!

    ReplyDelete