Saturday, September 26, 2009

Welcome

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for visiting. I don't have a super clear vision of what this blog is going to look like so far, but I am excited to have a place to record this time in my life.

A little bit about me:

More than anything, I am loved by my Savior, who I seek to glorify with all of my life. His faithfulness is unfailing and His mercies are new every morning. I am very blessed with a amazing family who loves me and accepts me. I am the oldest of five children with two younger brothers and two younger sisters (Joseph 13; Lela Grace 10; Michael 3; Julia 3). Michael and Julia are twins and they came home to our family from Ethiopia when they were 6 months old. I have attended the most amazing classical Chrstian school in the world since my sixth grade year and am blessed by the my teachers, friends, and education there every single day. My family and I are renewed every Sunday at a beautiful little church in my town that is associated with my school, so we get to fellowship with many of the same families in both places. Finally, and the biggest reason for me starting this blog to begin with: When I was 11 years old, my mom and I traveled to South Africa and Kenya on a mission trip. Since then, the Lord has slowly but surely called me to serve His children in Eastern Africa. When I was almost 13 Michael and Julia came home and since then I have had a tried to use every oppurtunity to spread African Adoption/Orphan awarness in my community.
My desire for almost 5 years was to return to Africa, and this past summer God fufilled that dream as I spent a week in Ethiopia and a week in Uganda on a mission trip visiting orphans. It was definetly a learning trip for me, and I know I'll be going back one day. I hope to live there either full time or at least for a while whenever God directs.

"To whom much is Given, much is expected."

The Lord has definetly blessed me immeasurably, even though many things aren't perfect and evey day there is something new to wrestle with and to learn from. But more than what God has given me, I am blessed by who He is. Lord help me to keep that in front of me at all times, and to not get caught up in what is going on around me and loose sight of who You are.

ps. I am somewhat modeling this blog after another girl's who I met in the blog world who also has a heart for orphans. Reading her blog (http://guatemolly1.blogspot.com/) encourages me all the time. It is also somewhat modeled after the first blog I ever followed, a friend of mine's from church (http://raechelmyers.blogspot.com/).

7 comments:

  1. Hi! I enjoyed reading your first post. I found your blog through Molly's. I have been reading hers for a while now, and like you it has brought encouragement to me to. There are a few blogs that you might like to take a look at, if you don't already: http://jobsdaughters.blogspot.com/ and http://www.myethiopiansisters.blogspot.com/. These blogs are great and some of my favorites. This family has adopted internationally and domestically. They have 2 twin boys that are from the US, but are hispanic. Then they adopted a little boy and his sibling twin sisters, from Ethiopia. They have a wonderful story, and I actually got to meet them last weekend in their hometown! It was so exciting to meet their family after reading all about them on their blogs.
    Anyway, my blog is
    http://sharon-sharonspage.blogspot.com/
    It was exciting to hear that you have a heart for ministering to orphans, as I hope to do the same in the near future! I have actually never been on a missions trip before, but I am searching for one hopefully for next summer. I look forward to hearing more from you! And it is nice to "meet" you! :)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sharon! Yes, I've seen your comments on Molly's blog too :). do you know if she ever reads them, because I really want to start an actual conversation with her, but I don't know if she ever replies to comments on her posts. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am not sure if she replies to comments on her blog, but I friended her on facebook, and I talk to her there too. We chat on there some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I got so addicted to facebook over the summer that i deleted mine, and now i went and got myself a blog. :) kind of defeats the purpose. :) Anyway, I checked out your blog today- Tristan is sooo cute! I wish I had a better heart for sponsorship, my family has a girl in Iraq and a girl in Hatti, but I don't feel super connected to them. Thanks for being an example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Audrey! I just found your blog through Molly's blog. I have talked to your friend Elle some. I had almost gone on the "visiting orphans" trip this summer that you went on! I was so close but didn't feel a whole lot of peace about it and I ended up going to Guatemala. I'm so glad I did. :)
    I am starting a ministry called Etaala International that works to get young people involved in orphan care and I am trying to get connected with as many young people that have a heart for it as I can to help spread the news to others. You can check out my blog at www.myethiopiansisters.blogspot.com to read more about it.

    Anyway, just wanted to say I look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Ellie! Actually, I've read your blog a couple of times too :). Its kind of weird how the blog world works. Your ministry sounds so cool, I'd love to be involved with it. What does Etaala mean?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so crazy! I know, I love how it is connecting all of us.
    I'd love for you to be involved in it! Etaala means "Light" in Luganda.

    ReplyDelete