Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Joseph

I can't believe that my little brother turned 13 today.

I also can't believe that of the 5 posts I've written, 2 of them have been about birthdays. Praise the Lord that Life is worth celebrating. And celebrate we did! After a family tradition of strawberry shortcake for breakfast, Lela Grace made cookies and brought them up to school for him at lunch time, and we had a delicious steak dinner and chocolate cake tonight, along with 13 presents for the birthday boy. I love food. :)

I am so happy for Joseph to be beginning the experience of life as a teenager.
I truly hope that this year will really grow our relationship. I love you Joey. Happy Birthday.


ps. Ok, so this picture was not taken even close to today, but none of the ones from this evening turned out very well, and I want to try to have at least one picture in every post. Mainly because I enjoy reading blogs more when they have a lot of pictures. Anyway, there are the five of us last spring. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Audrey!

    I am Guatemolly's Mom! What an encouragement you have been to my daughter and it is so exciting to read your blog and hear of your young but passionate heart for God! I am soooo excited about how God is knitting all of you young woman together for such a time as this! I can't wait to see how God uses this unity that he is creating to be a powerful voice and influence among your generation in defense of God's precious orphans!

    May God shower you with His manifest presence as you seek to honor him in your calling Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Molly has been an incredible encouragement to me, especially as I've been processing through this last mission trip. You have an amazing daughter and I can't wait to see what God has in store for all of us that God is raising up for the cause of the orphans.

    ReplyDelete